Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Tasty Snack Tuesday....on Wednesday

I hope you're having a great week!  I can't believe its already Wednesday!  The first week of April!  And I can't believe that this little guy will be 2 this month:


We were out and about yesterday, and I had been wondering if, now that he sits forward-facing in his carseat, he would fall asleep in the car or not.  Well, you can probably deduce from the picture that the answer is yes!  We were almost home, it was about 2pm (aka nap time), he took one last look at me and then those eyes were done!  He was completely OUT as I transitioned him from the car to his bed, where he slept for nearly 3 HOURS.  This mama got some good study time in yesterday!

Yesterday I made 2 pretty tasty, very healthy snacks.  They were both protein shakes, and I don't have pictures, but I will share the links and recipes with you!

Chocolate-Covered Strawberries Shake

1 cup sliced strawberries
2 tablespoons Hershey's dark cocoa powder
1/2 cup milk of your choice (I used almond)
1/2 a ripe frozen banana
ice
optional - 1/2 scoop of chocolate protein powder or 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt, both of which will give you a protein boost (I used protein powder, it was awesome)

Combine everything in either a food processor, blender, or (my personal easy favorite) use your immersion blender.  Blend until smooth, adding ice to the consistency you want.  And in case you're wondering, YES, an immersion blender will definitely cut right through crushed ice - I can't vouch for whole cubes.

Recipe adapted from Gazing In

Chocolate Protein Frosty

3/4 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
ice
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (again could sub Greek yogurt for the same protein boost)
2 tablespoons Hershey's dark cocoa powder
cinnamon to taste - optional, but I love turning simple chocolate into Mexican chocolate

Blend away and enjoy!  This recipe is said to be exactly like sipping a Wendy's chocolate frosty.... I originally followed the recipe exactly as it was written on the original site, and I did not get this feeling.  Make no mistake, it's delicious - I just didn't think it was truly like a frosty.

Recipe adapted from Meals and Moves

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!