Tuesday, April 16, 2013

At A Loss....

As someone who has participated in countless road races, some very small, and some on the attendance scale of the coveted Boston Marathon, I can tell you that I never went to the start line or approached the finish line with anything but an anxious excitement in my bones.

I don't have a great way with words, and as I was searching for something to share to reflect on yesterday's tragedy, I found this while reading one of my favorite blogs (themaidenmetallurgist.com).

"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers.  You will always find people who are helping.'" - Fred Rogers  This is so true.  There is always someone running into the disaster to help someone affected.  Thank God for the humanity in that.  It will always overcome evil.

I find myself also taken back to one of my favorite and most-treasured verses in scripture.  Its from Isaiah 40:31 and says that, "those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles.  They will run and not grow weary.  They will walk and not be faint."

We are thinking of you, Boston, and praying constantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!