Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tasty Snack Tuesday - Cinnamon Bun Smoothie

I actually made this last night for dessert, but it was so good I have to share it with you today.... and I will probably be making it again tonight!

This is probably about the closest you can get to a liquid cinnamon roll without ingesting upwards of 1000 calories.  This makes one huge shake, and if made with the almond milk I use, you're looking at around 170 calories.  You can't beat that, and this is seriously so delicious.

Cinnamon Bun Smoothie

1 banana, preferably sliced and frozen for at least an hour
1 cup milk of your choice (I am in love with Trader Joe's Unsweetened Vanilla Almond)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, more if you're me
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 cup ice, more or less for thicker/thinner shake

Combine everything and blend until nice and smooth either in your food processor or with your immersion blender.  Enjoy!

I feel kind of bad that I don't have a picture for you, so how about I share a little piece of my happiness with you today -


This little silly guy came out of his room laughing, and when I turned around to see what he was doing, he was exactly like this - one arm pulled out of his onesie, asking for "help?"  He makes me laugh every day, and is growing too, too fast as he quickly approaches age 2.

I have to share a quick story with you that might make you laugh - yesterday I took James to Once Upon a Child (a gently-used kids' consignment store, if you're not familiar with it, similar to Kid to Kid if you have that where you live).  He needed some cheap sandals since we suddenly have beautiful weather, and after we found those, I browsed the clothing racks for a moment.  I was looking for cute little-boy rompers - you know, they fit like onesies, but have a shorts bottom?  Well, I for one think they are just really cute.  I knew that used 2Ts wouldn't fit James, so I went looking in the 3T section.  I couldn't find ANY.

And then it hit me..... those cute rompers don't come in size 3T because little boys at that size wear normal things like shorts and t-shirts.  I had to laugh at myself over this, though I was a little sad.  He will always be my little nearly 9-pound baby, and yet he's not..... oh well, every day brings even more fun, even if that has to mean growing a little more each day.

If you are in the midwest, you know we are getting some seriously beautiful weather.  James and I have a busy day planned to be out in that awesome weather, and hopefully you get to enjoy it too!  So go make this smoothie and take a nice walk and enjoy the day!

Recipe from Fit Sugar


2 comments:

  1. That shake sounds delicious! I'm going to have to try it.

    I miss the little rompers on Andrew. We were at Sam's Club this weekend and they had a bunch there. I loved dressing him in them last year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Let me know how you like it!

    Can you imagine a 3 or 4 year old in those rompers? It would be hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!