Sunday, August 18, 2013

Lozilu Mud Run - St. Louis Edition!

Also known as one of the most fun things I have ever done!  It was definitely the most fun I've ever had at ANY run.  No pressure for time, your friends at your side, and gorgeous weather made for the best day.  Just the best.

We are definitely ready for the next one!

My little photo-bomber, Kaitlin, Sunny, Kristin, & me

Putting the "strong" in our team name "Strong is the New Skinny"
Look that those gorgeous lady muscles!
And of course James was showing his muscles!

Lozilu Mud Run is a women's 5k mud run, untimed, and just straight up fun.  It was borderline pricey in my opinion, but when you see everything that goes into a mud run (mud run newbie right here), you understand.  The St. Louis edition was held on the grounds of Six Flags St. Louis.  Our wave time was 10am, and we arrived around 9:30 or 9:45, got checked in, and went through our wave's group warm-up.  At that point, we were already laughing and being silly.

Within a few minutes we had our first "mud bath" and it was awesome.  As a self-diagnosed germ freak (and that's putting it mildly), this was a big step for me, but I just went with it, haha.  We had mud baths, wall climbs, a mud water slide, taller wall climbs, a huge rope climb, and more.  My favorites were the water slide that you had to scale on one side to slide down the other, and definitely the tall wall climb.  (Many thanks to Les Mills BodyPump for giving me strong arms to hold myself up on the other side of the wall!  Pretty amazing feeling!)

In my group of friends, I don't think I'm wrong in saying I am probably the most adventurous and up for almost anything.  But Kaitlin and Kristin dug deep and were amazing, and I have to give special mention to Sunny - the girl is down with the getting dirty part and is definitely one tough lady, but like many people, she's not so down with heights, but she conquered EVERYTHING yesterday and was amazing.  Amazing!  So proud of these girls and thankful that I got to share in this with them!

Waiting in line to get hosed down.  Literally.  We used a hose!
It was hilarious and freezing.  Mostly hilarious!

Disgustingly awesome muddy feet

So that's how we spent our Saturday morning.  Many thanks to Lozilu for putting on a great run (loved having Oreos and Hershey's chocolate at the end!) and also to my girl Sunny for making our awesome shirts!

How was your Saturday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!