Friday, July 12, 2013

Fit Friday - Up for a Challenge?

Hi friends!  I have a confession.

If you know me, or have read a few posts here, you know that when it comes to working out, I believe in giving it your all.  Go big or go home.  Leave it in the gym.

But.

You know what I have been terrible with controlling lately?

Hanging my head in shame, looking around, nobody noticing.....

My diet.

To be completely honest, my diet sucks lately.  Sucks!  I am all about treats in moderation, but dipping into a certain chocolate hazelnut spread every night? .... Its getting out of control.  I can blame it on vacation from last week, but I didn't get my good habits back together this week at all.  And to be clear, its not about weight loss, restriction, or anything in the vanity department.  Its about taking care of the body God has given me and making it the best it can be.  So naturally, that should mean fueling it properly.

SO.  After a little investigating, I decided that I did not want to go full-on with the Whole30 challenge (feel free to look that up).  Basically, that would eliminate grains, and that's not for me right now.  But, keeping with the fact that I need to CLEAN up my diet, I'm going to call this my Clean30 challenge.

What does this mean, you ask?  It means 30 days of cutting out refined (white) sugars and flours, and eating whole grains, and tons more fruits and vegetables, and also less mindless snacking.

For the record - I'm human.  There is one thing that I am not giving up - the creamer in my coffee.  I have one giant cup of coffee each morning with 2 tablespoons of creamer.  I don't think that's going to break my effort.  If you decide you want to join me in this challenge, I'd encourage you to think of something small, like coffee creamer (assuming you don't dump half the bottle in your mug each morning), that you might keep for sanity's sake.

I'm putting this out there for accountability.  We all know that we are much more likely to accomplish our goals when we're held accountable.  I'm not going to go crazy posting every single day with what I'm eating, but beginning this Monday, the challenge is on!

Any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!