Monday, July 15, 2013

Clean Eating - And So the Challenge Begins!

I am ready.

There are a lot of life changes going on in our household right now, so it really seems like the perfect time to take on the Clean30 challenge.  New house (soon), new work, new lifestyle.  I like it.

Sometimes there is confusion about "eating clean" and other lifestyles (I refuse to use the "diet") such as Whole30 and Paleo.  For me, I feel that clean eating is actually the most simple - lots of fruits and veggies, no (or very little) refined white sugar and whole grains.  I found a pretty straight-forward list of foods over at Katie's blog that I think would be good if you're still unsure about certain items.

I mentioned in Friday's post that the one thing I am not cutting out is my coffee creamer.  Its amount to 6 grams of sugar and I will be allowing it.  Does it make me a cheat?  I don't care.  I'm going pretty hard-core with everything else.  I figure, I gave up chocolate of all things over Lent.  I can do this for 30 days (and actually, hopefully beyond).

So, in a nutshell, there you have it friends.  I'll talk a little bit more about food tomorrow.  Today is a busy day for us, though truly the entire week will be busier than I have had in a LONG time.  But I'm so excited for it.  I'm observing a handful of classes this week in prep to be able to sub them.  I keep saying that yes, I am nervous for some of this, but my goodness I am so excited!

I'd love to know if you're joining me on the Clean30 challenge.  We can do this together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!