Thursday, June 6, 2013

Thankful Thursday

It's Thursday!  Which means it's almost Friday, which means its almost the weekend!  Woo-hoo!

Lately I'm feeling incredibly thankful for new friends.  Do you know how horribly lonely it is to move somewhere new and have no girlfriends?  You probably do because chances are you've been there.  Its not a fun feeling.  But that's all changing now, and I am so thankful for the new friends I have and the many more that I know will be coming.

I'm making this statement in complete faith, but I think I can report to you that I am thankful that my knee, with some physical therapy, is making good progress.  I even think a return to running is in my future.  I hate being side-lined, but I have learned some pretty powerful lessons during this season - topping the list?  I have to find my strength in beauty in Christ, and Christ alone.  What else is there to life if not this?  Lesson #2 - there is no such thing as perfection, and its time to stop killing myself in an effort to reach the unreachable.  And can I be honest?  Its much less stressful when I'm not worrying myself over every calorie I may or may not have burned.  Jeez, there are wayyyyyyy more important things in life.

Way more important things, like this guy!  (You know I couldn't resist).


What are you thankful for today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!