Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thankful Thursday

If you know me at all, you're going to think that what I'm thankful for today is pretty strange.

I'm thankful that I had to pull out of my long-awaited Insanity training this Saturday.  Yep, thankful.  Disappointed?  Sure.  A little worried that there might be something more than IT Band syndrome going on with my knee?  Uh, yeah.  But thankful?

Yes, indeed.

Exactly a week ago, I was feeling 90% better.  Then I went and overdid it.  Classic me.  So then I paid for that all weekend.  On Monday morning, I was thinking, okay, God, are you going to magically heal my knee overnight or what?  Surely, You didn't give me this awesome opportunity and then let me get hurt.  So I was praying for a sign.  And that came in the form of a conversation that I had with an instructor I see regularly, and with whom I feel fairly close.  She talked me down from my "Insanity or bust" mindset, and I took that as God, and made the decision to cancel.  And like the Insanity Master Trainer told me, it will come around here again.  It's cool.

But, the reason I'm thankful for this happening is that I am finally feeling like I am not defined by the training I do.  The devotion that we just finished on She Reads Truth was a big eye-opener for me in the way that I put working out and striving to achieve my idea of perfection into a higher importance than my relationship with God.  I don't want to do that.  And I sure don't want to trash this body He gave me.  So I will take it easy, I will NOT overdo it anymore, and I will wait to see where He is taking me.

Its definitely way better than anywhere I could take myself.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!