Friday, May 3, 2013

Influenster!


I think its about time I tell you about Influenster. If you use social media at all, and enjoy testing and reviewing new products and then sharing your experiences with others, it might be a good program for you.

Take the awesome box I received last month - called a Sugar n Spice VoxBox - complimentary from Influenster.  I was sent lotion, witch hazel towelettes, a breakfast snack, a nice set from Colgate, and sweetener - thanks Influenster, that was pretty generous!

Vaseline Spray n Go Moisturizer -I received a generous full size bottle of Vaseline's very convenient spray lotion.  Pros - convenient, love the "lock" feature on it and the slim design (you could easily and safely throw this in your bag without worrying about leakage).  Cons - even though this rapidly absorbs and is lighter than other moisturizers, I don't care for the oily feeling left on my skin.  In all honesty, I will keep this in my gym bag for the convenience (since my skin gets tortured there with the constant hand washing), but will stick to my regular moisturizer.

Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Towelettes - I received a box of 20 individually wrapped towelettes, and you know what?  I love these.  The scent of witch hazel is kind of an acquired preference, but I like it, and I love the fact that while these contain alcohol, they don't sting if you have chapped skin.  Pros - convenient individual wrapping, non-irritating.  Cons - Walgreens sells these for almost $8/box.  In my book, that's a little pricey.

Nectresse Natural No Calorie Sweetener - I received a 40-count box of sweetener packets, made primarily from monk fruit.  In case you don't know, I have a sweet tooth, people.  BIG TIME.  I have admittedly been trying to wean myself off of sweeteners (I started using Liquid Stevia, which is about as truly natural as I think you can get), but I did try these.  They are labeled natural, which is cool, though I was under the impression that if the ingredients list contains erythritol, that negates just how "natural" something is (I could be completely wrong on this, and if I am, please correct me).  Some people say Nectresse has a major artificial taste, but I thought it was okay.  I don't have a pro or con side for this one - if you use artificial sweeteners, I'd say give it a go - at under $4/box, the price isn't too bad.  If artificial sweeteners aren't your thing, then you don't need to worry about it.

Colgate Optic White - In the box was a toothbrush, toothpaste, and mouthwash.  Now, unfortunately, I cannot use any whitening products at all due to severe sensitivity, BUT my dear husband Chris gladly tested these products.  As for the toothpaste and the mouthwash, Chris liked them both and felt that they performed as well as his preferred brand (and by preferred, I mean cheaper), but the toothbrush kind of made us laugh - do people still use regular toothbrushes?

belVita Breakfast Biscuits -  pictured below.  I received one individual serving of the cinnamon brown sugar breakfast biscuits.  I had actually tried the blueberry flavor, and another I can't remember, a couple of times when we were on one of our usual road trips.  I'd grab them for both myself and James, so I actually loved these before I received my sample, and I still love them.  Would I buy them?  I have in the past, so yeah, I might.  They are really tasty, and at around 230 calories per package (that's 4 biscuits), they are right on par with what I would eat calorie-wise for a normal breakfast.  And James likes them, which, if you're a parent, you know its awesome when you find another go-to food for your child.


So anyway, check out Influenster if you never have.  And in case it was unclear, I did receive all of these products free from Influenster, but the reviews are my honest thoughts and I was not compensated for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!