Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Tasty Snack Tuesday - The Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies


  

Yesterday I realized that it has been a while since I've baked any special treats for my husband.  I was so busy studying for my test that baking really got side-lined.  So last night I asked Chris if he had any special requests, and he asked for the best ever chocolate chip cookies.  I knew exactly what he was after.  This recipe is seriously the best I have ever tried.  I believe the first time I made these was when I was about 10ish weeks pregnant, Chris had had a lousy previous day at work, and I wanted to make a feel-better treat for him.  If you look at my source link, you'll see that the blogger stated that she has no desire to ever try another chocolate chip cookie recipe - I feel the same way!  These are awesome - a slightly crispy exterior, with a soft interior.  And you can make these cookies smaller for an even crispier texture, or really big, as the original recipe directs, for a very thick chewy cookie.  And, if you make these by the tablespoon, as I did, you'll get a decent size cookie for under 100 calories - win!

Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.  In a larger mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars together, then add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.  Beat until well combined.  Then on low speed, beat in the flour mixture until just combined.  Stir in the chocolate chips.  Measure dough by the tablespoon and leave about 2 inches between each ball of dough on the baking sheet.  Bake for 11-13 minutes.  You want the edges to barely be browning, and the middle to be a bit puffy and still looking under-done.  Remove the pans and allow the cookies to cool a minute or two before transferring to a cooling rack - they will continue to cook a little while they are cooling.  Once they are cool enough to handle, try not to devour them all!  I got 51 cookies.

James and I have only checked 2 so far for quality control purposes.  They were good..... though we may have to check more.  I want to be sure they are husband-quality, hehe.

I hope your week started off great and will continue to be awesome.  We are enjoying some beautiful weather and taking full advantage of that by hitting the nearby parks - and an hour or so at the park usually makes for a tired child, which usually makes for a great nap, which of course makes for some great mommy time - yay!

Recipe from Annie's Eats

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!