Friday, October 25, 2013

Five For Friday!

Hello, Friday.  I'd by lying if I said I wasn't ecstatic for you to be here.

Let's recap the week.

1. On Tuesday, I went to spin class.  You may have read about that briefly here.  It.  Was.  Awesome.  I thought I might be sore the next day from such a tough workout, but I just had that heavy "I-worked-really-hard" feeling.  Awesome.  Just awesome.

2. Tuesday just got better and better.  That night, as I finished teaching my express classes at a local Y (think high intensity interval training - hiit - my fave way to workout), one of my regular attendees stopped to tell me how much she loved the class.... made my whole day!  When you become an instructor, you also become extremely aware when people like and dislike you.  I've definitely been liked.  But I've definitely been VERY disliked.... and when people dislike you as an instructor, it's so hard (if you're me, anyway) not to take it personally.  So for her to take the time to tell me that she loves my classes..... priceless.  It completely made up for the classes I subbed on Saturday where those ladies were not pleased with me.

3. On Wednesday, we had our first really "good" day with the kids.  Makenzie likes to check in and see if I'll tell Chris that she and James were "thumbs-up good."  That day, they were thumbs-up good.  Now of course, the same children decided that I shouldn't bask in that for too long, and made sure to put me back in my place yesterday..... but I'll take that good day.  I at least know they are possible now.

4. Last night was our regular ladies' night coffee, so as soon as my last class of the evening was done, I headed across the street to Starbucks for my weekly therapy session girls' time.  Sometimes you just need to connect on a scheduled basis, like any relationship, and as women, I think we need that extra.

5. Yesterday, before I left the madness our house to teach my 3 Thursday evening classes, my Foodie PenPals box came!  I'm really excited about it, but as the rules go, I won't be sharing until the last day of the month, but it was great fun opening that box last night!

I'm linking up with Courtney from Eat, Pray, Run DC, Mar from Mar On the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?! for Five For Friday.  Go check out these lovely ladies, and tell me what's on your list for Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!