Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thanksgiving Menu!

Friends, it is almost Thanksgiving and I am so excited!

This is just a quick post to share with you what will be on our table come Thursday afternoon!

We will start our day with these cake batter cinnamon rolls.  We almost always have a special breakfast on a holiday, and these are what Chris asked for this time.  When I make them, I cut the butter down by half and they still taste awesome!

For the big meal, I've been making this apple cider citrus turkey brine today.  Tonight after dinner I will have Chris help me actually assemble the brine.  Its so beautiful and smells heavenly!  I've never used whole allspice or star anise pods, but they make everything so pretty.

I'm not doing a stuffing this year because Chris rarely eats much of it, and neither do the kids.  But if I were going to make one I'd be doing the Pioneer Woman's cornbread, sausage, and apple stuffing.  I made it last year and I could seriously bury myself in it.

For bread, I'm making an herbed oatmeal bread that I've made before.  It's so delicious.

We'll also have corn on the cob and green beans, but honestly, those are delicious but unexciting.

What would Thanksgiving be without a pumpkin dessert?  I asked Chris if he might like something different this year, and he was adamant that he wants our now-traditional pumpkin cheesecake from the Magnolia Bakery.  I've been making it each year for a while now, and it is nothing short of wonderful.  I've only been able to make it without it cracking on the top ONE time, but cracks or not, it is a slice of heaven.

And just for fun, currently in my oven is this cranberry orange bread from Joy the Baker.  I've made this only once before, but this time I'm experimenting by using flax eggs and cutting out a little sugar.  Pretty sure it's still going to be awesome.

Needless to say, it smells wonderful in here.  I can't wait for actual Thanksgiving.

What's on your menu?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!