Friday, November 1, 2013

Five for Friday!

Happy Friday, friends!

I hope the week has been good to you.  My list this week really should have a minimum of 10 things, but I'm wrapping some together, check it out!

1. We had yucky weather for most of the day yesterday, and I was afraid that we were not going to be able to do "traditional" door-to-door trick-or-treating.  After getting drenched in our first planned location, we put a bowl of goodies outside our door at home and waited to see if anyone was venturing out.  We got a couple of trick-or-treaters and the rain had stopped!  To say that our kids were excited to go out is the understatement of the year.  If that excitement was for Halloween, I can't imagine what Christmas will be like..... the best part about getting out last night was meeting some of our neighbors, all with similar-age kids, and one of whom was carrying around a tote bag of beer - 2 bottles went to Chris.

2. What started as a possible failure this week turned around.  I picked up a couple of new weekly classes to teach, got all of us out the door on time if not early, only to find that my usually clear route of travel was crawling due to an accident.  This was my first time starting this class, and you never know what to expect anyway when you're newly taking over a class.  Fortunately, those ladies, who waited for me to be 15 minutes late due to the traffic, were some of the sweetest I've ever had in class.  Relief!

3. That same night, I began teaching my now-regular Wednesday evening PiYo Strength class.  I had a handful of ladies, and they loved it.  You never know how true PiYo Strength is going to go.  The format is still new to some, and many people show up expecting a yoga class (I had one girl leave because of that).  I nailed almost all of my counts and it was just a great evening.  Instructor win!

4. Random, and not that important in the grand scheme of things, but I got my Starbucks gold card.... I went there so much while studying for my certification, and while teaching that very early Friday class recently, it was all bound to add up!

5. This week was such a week of receiving good wills - when I had no cash for a hot dog at Costco this week, the man behind me told me that the kids and I "looked like a nice family" and bought our lunch, two instructor friends gifted a ton of fun girly items to Makenzie, all of which she adores, Chris surprised me and got the kids to bed by himself on Wednesday even though I should have been home in time to help, and then in the mail yesterday was a sweet encouraging card from one of my dearest friends here.

Our life right now is seemingly up and down, with good days and less-than-good days, but when I sit back and think on all the good that FAR outweighs the less-than-good, I realize how blessed I am.  I realize that 99% of my "problems" are in fact not problems.

So that's it for me, friends.  Pretty sure I could add in another list, but we'll keep it short....ish.  I hope you're getting ready for a great weekend.

What's on your list for today?

Linking up with Courtney, Marlesa, and Cynthia for Five for Friday and Michelle M for Fit and Fabulous Friday - make sure to stop in and see these ladies too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!