Saturday, November 16, 2013

Five for Friday! (a day late....)

I at least started the post on Friday morning.  I'm still trying to figure out our new normal.  But here's my list!

1. My in-laws came to visit last weekend.  We had a great time.  It was the first meeting between them and Makenzie.  We had a lot of typical little kid I-just-met-you-so-I-need-to-show-off behavior, but overall it went great.  Plus, Chris and I got to have not one, but TWO nights out.  I don't even care that those shoes were horrendously painful after about 20 minutes.  We were free for a little while, and the kids had fun!



2. I was getting ready for my Wednesday night PiYo class and Makenzie asked if we could practice.  She made me do the power section at least 4 times!  It was fun and gives me hope of instilling health and fitness into her at a young age.  I have an entire soap box of fears with raising a daughter because of a lot of things I went through growing up, things no girl should ever think or feel.  I want to teach her to be strong, fearless, and undefined by numbers on a scale or clothing tag.  Look at that awesome plank form!


3. This week I found out that my Tuesday/Thursday night groups really like me.  Let me just bask in this one.  As an instructor, you eventually have to accept that you can't make everyone like you.  This one is very hard for me.  I have a lot of issues with being a people-pleaser and trying to get everyone's approval.  I told my Tuesday night class that one of their nights with me may get changed up after January and they were not happy.  They said the classes are perfect the way they are.  I also introduced one of my regulars at the express classes to Wednesday PiYo and she loved it.  Highlights of my week for sure!

4. My brother-in-law is in town!  He got in very late on Thursday night.  My bestie Kaitlin joined us for our usual Friday night fun and the 4 of us had an awesome time.  Before bedtime, here's Uncle Jeff getting ballet lessons from Makenzie:


5. These past couple of weeks have been all about, as my friend Kristin said, "giving myself permission" to let go of a lot of things in my life that I cannot change or fix.  Again, as a people-pleaser, that's easier said than done!  But I'm doing better with it, and while that might sound slightly secretive, it has to be on the list because it is huge for me.

Linking up (albeit a day late) with Courtney, Marlesa, and Cynthia for Friday Fives.

Have a great weekend, friends!  What's on your list for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!