Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thankful Thursday - Things Are Moving so Quickly!

My goodness, friends, days have been crazy!

I have a schedule now - a sporadic one, but still, a schedule.

Its exciting.  I'm loving it.

This week I've been observing some classes that I will be subbing in the future (the very near future I might add!), and I have really been enjoying meeting my fellow instructors.  It's helping to ease any nerves I have about finally being in the driver's seat.  Really it's just making me even more excited!  I had a fantastic meeting with my fitness coordinator yesterday about some of the things they would like me to put together.  I'll tell you more about that later as they come to pass.

BUT, big from yesterday - I have a regular class for August!  I'm very excited.  It will be on Wednesday mornings for that month and it's a strength training class.  I'll be honest though - you know what I'm not excited for?  Getting up really early to be there and ready to teach at......5:15am.  Ouch.  But it's only for a few times.  I will survive..... maybe with an extra cup of coffee on those days....

Also, on the work front, I can't remember if I shared it on the blog or not, but I finally received feedback from my instructor audition at another Y.  In short, it was great and I'm hired there now too.  This location covers two Y locations, so technically I can work out of 3 locations, which is awesome!

Coming up, I have 4 classes lined up to sub so far, and there's a good chance I'll get a regular schedule come fall.  August is going to be a busy month!  I'm also very excited that, as I was told at each of my interviews, the instructors are all great people who really try to support each other's classes.  Each one I have met has welcomed me and made me feel great.  I'm so thankful for that.

AND, I've told you that we are closing on a house soon, but now that is happening 2 days sooner!  So as of Wednesday next week, we should be homeowners.  We are beyond excited!

Words cannot express how thankful I am for the things happening in our lives right now, and how much it humbles me.  I am definitely one of those people who subconsciously likens bad - or at least, less than great - things that happen to me as a reflection of my life before Christ.  I feel like in the last 6 months, as a family, we have really moved into a God-centered life, and all of a sudden these amazing things have been happening.  Times like these make me imagine Jesus putting His hands on my face and saying, in the voice of a loving father, "do you believe me now? I really do have awesome things in store for you."  And He would say it just like that.  It makes me smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!