Friday, July 19, 2013

Fit Friday - I Need Your Help!

Happy Friday, friends!

Calling all ladies!  I need some advice that only YOU can give.

Think for a moment.  How young were you when you first said or thoughts things like, "I hate my body" or "If only I looked like her" or "I'm not pretty enough" or "If only I could be skinny"?

First of all, be honest.  We have ALL at least thought these things.  And then believed them.  How toxic!

In case you're new to my part of the blogosphere, I recently started working at a local YMCA as a group fitness instructor.  I have an incredible opportunity at work to put together a program targeted at teenage girls, because we don't have anything like it.  How awesome is that?!

Here's where I'm at with that - I'm not sure where to start!

When I was in high school, I was way too shy (and poor and NOT sporty) to participate in any athletic activities.  It wasn't until later on in college that I began running, and running turned into so many things that have helped shape me into the strong, non-body-hating woman I am today.

So my question to you is - how do we reach these girls, get them out of their shells, and into a program geared at showing them how to love themselves unconditionally and free from comparison?  St. Louis has a Girls on the Run program, which is wonderful, but this would be different.  It wouldn't have a focus on any one activity.

Right now, I know that some cold-calling to our members will happen, myself being the one to call them, and I think having an info night, or something similar, might be nice.  I have gotten some great feedback from a few friends, but I need more.

So, leave me a comment, send me an email, tweet me... whatever you have!  I would love to make this happen!  And I would love your help in doing it!

Have a great weekend, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!