Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!


This little guy gave me a present of only getting up one time during the night (around 12:30am) and going right back to sleep in his bed, and then staying put until about 6:45 this morning.  I'll take it!  Our little man James is enjoying some strawberry pancakes that I made him this morning for his Valentine's breakfast.  He is a strawberry monster these days!  He runs to the refrigerator saying "bah-serries!"  Its pretty funny.

Yesterday afternoon - you know, the time I had planned to share some more on the snack front with you - was less than ideal.... but I don't say that with too much annoyance because I know that my everyday "problems" are not really problems.  It only felt extra lousy because Chris and I were both feeling our little colds, James REFUSED to take a nap (he laughed at me for an hour, funny now, not then), and we had dentist appointments yesterday afternoon.  What a way to top off the day!  (However, the woman who cleaned my teeth kept telling me what a "good girl" I am with dental hygiene, so gratifying.)

I do have one tasty treat I can share with you.  It requires no "real" recipe, and its simple, delicious, and light.  If you are like me and want ice cream ALL THE TIME, this is the perfect substitute:

Strawberry Frozen Yogurt

1/3 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
splash of vanilla extract
cinnamon to taste
1 teaspoon sugar-free fat-free cheesecake instant pudding mix
1/3 to 1/2 cup diced strawberries

Mix everything but the strawberries, tasting along the way until you get just the sweetness you like.  Stir in the strawberries and then put in the freezer for about an hour.  Give your mix a good stir and enjoy!  I also stirred in a few crumbs of "cake scraps" from a delicious cake I made for today (which I will share tomorrow), and it was so good!


Do you have plans for Valentine's Day?  I will try to take pictures of what the big man of the house and I exchanged.  All I can say is that Chris is getting really good at this jewelry thing.... the man takes my taste and then finds something fantastic.....

On a fitness note, our pushups challenge is still going great.  Challenging, but great.  Tomorrow, I'll share with you what the week has looked like and how we've progressed.  Until then, it's time to get the little man of the house ready for slide time, and myself ready for cardio followed by the ever-intense BodyPump.  It's going to be a great day for us, and I hope its great for you too!

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you!