Thursday, October 3, 2013

Thankful Thursday - Furlough Addition

Hello friends!
It is indeed Thursday, and even with the government shutdown, we all know that life keeps going.  For once, I am the busier one in the house, and so I asked Chris to contribute to today's post.  No matter, there is always something we can stop to count as a blessing.  So, I give you to Chris....

....As many of you already know the government has been closed for the past 2 ¾ days and I have been forced to take an unexpected, unpaid vacation. Instead of doing all of the usual government bashing that many others have been doing, I have been asked to contribute to Elizabeth’s blog on this Thankful Thursday to discuss some good things that have occurred during my brief hiatus from the working world.

This is the first time I have ever been told not to go to work, and while I know things will eventually get settled, it has been a strange change that I never expected, and am thankful for Elizabeth and the support she has provided during this unusual time, and thankful that God has blessed our family and put us in a position that we will be alright during this time of upheaval, though hopefully it will end shortly and everyone can go back to work and back to their normal lives.

During the past few days I have been very thankful for family time. Over the past three days, I have been able to spend more time with Elizabeth and James and that is something that I have missed with our busy schedules. I feel like I have been able to spend more quality time with James over the past few days than I have in quite a while. As those of you who know us well, James is a mom-first kind of guy, so time involving just the two of us is always something I look forward to, to help us bond.

I am thankful that we have been able to get a lot of work done with the house. So far we have been able to clean up a lot of clutter and place a lot of odds and ends into storage. A lot of these things were things we always said we would do over the weekend; however, when you are trying to squeeze family time, errands, and other things into Saturdays and Sundays, something usually gets left out, and these past few days have definitely seen our house get a lot more organized, which allows for more family time over the weekend.

I hope everyone has been having a good week, and remember, even when things are not going the way we expect them to go, there are still some good things that can come of it if we look close enough.
                                                              
What are you thankful for this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!