Friday, October 18, 2013

Five for Friday!

It's Friday!  And I missed my usual Thankful Thursday post.  So, in the spirit of always wanting to remember to count my blessings, I decided to do my first Five for Friday post.  So here goes, short and sweet, because that's about all I have time for, at least for now:

1. We are now a family of 4.  Unless we're Facebook friends, or we know each other in real life, that will come as a shock to you.  I will explain in more detail later, but related to my most recent Thankful Thursday, we have added my 6-year-old niece Makenzie to our family.  There's no point in spending time telling you how difficult life can be right now - I'd rather be thankful!  Yes, it is hard, but I have not 1, but 2 children to love on and take care of now - 2 little sweethearts who need so much love and we're ready to give it.

2. I got chosen to be an IDEA Inspired Blogger!  I'm super excited!  Again, more details later.

3. I ran the Run For Your Lives Zombie Run 5K this past Saturday, and it was one of the greatest thrills!  I almost made it out a survivor.  They got me right at the end.  Great fun, and worth every penny!  Plus, I only got electrocuted once.  I might do a recap soon.

4. It isn't happening until tonight, but one of my dearest besties Kaitlin is coming over and bringing us dinner as if we just had a new baby.  I'm so excited!  It is always such a treat to have a meal made for me.... which isn't a dig at my husband - I love to make our meals!  But, it IS nice to have someone treat you occasionally.  I so heart you Kaitlin.

5. This past week, when we were in Texas picking up the newest member of our family, I got to see an old friend from our time in Canada - she's since had a second baby, and I hadn't seen her since April 2012.  Amber, you're such a strong, beautiful mommy, and even though we had about 3 minutes together, I loved getting to see you.

So there are the highlights!  I have so many posts in the works, I'm just playing catch-up from the craziness (but awesomeness) that has been our life lately.  I DID get to attend BodyPump today and have my you-know-what handed to me and it. felt. amazing.  I have learned that if I channel a lot of .... let's just say pent-up emotion.... I can do tricep pushups on my toes.  Beast mode, baby!

I'm linking up for the first time with Courtney over at Eat, Pray, Run DC.  Make sure and go check out her blog - she makes me miss DC so much, plus she's just a cool girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!