Monday, October 28, 2013

Review - Green Mountain Coffee



Oh, coffee.... one of my other true loves in life.

You know the saying "beer is proof that God loves us"?  No, people.  You have it wrong.  COFFEE is the proof.  And I'm not just saying that because I detest beer.

Coffee is there for you on that early morning wake-up.  It's there for you when you need that afternoon pick-me-up.  It's there for you when you meet your girlfriends every Thursday night to hang out.  Sure, you could say the same of beer, I suppose.... though you might get the side-eye if you apply it to that early morning... just sayin'....

A couple of years ago, we took a family trip to Burlington, Vermont and stopped by the Green Mountain Coffee Visitor Center.  It's so cute and operates in conjunction with a train station!  (Of course our son was loving that even at that young age - he loves all things trains!)  I remember what I had that day - a chai tea latte with maple syrup.... it was heavenly!  Already being a fan of Green Mountain, I was super excited when BzzAgent sent me three 2-count K-cup packages of Green Mountain Coffee's Three Continent Blend.

Before getting to the taste, let's just start with the fact that this is Fair Trade Certified coffee.  Up until a couple of years ago, I had no idea what "fair trade" meant.  I'm not necessarily one to hop onto any random bandwagon platforms, but this is actually really good!  (You probably already know this, unless you lived under a rock like I apparently did.)  But, just in case you don't know,  fair trade means that "...farmers receive a fair price for their beans, resulting in great coffee for you and a better quality of life for famers."-from the Fair Trade people themselves.  So by choosing Fair Trade coffee, you're already doing a good thing.

Now, onto the taste.  I'll be honest, I'm no coffee connoisseur, but I definitely know when I like something and when I dislike something.  Nothing worse than weak coffee.  The Three Continent Blend is a "medium roast coffee, extra bold."  Usually I prefer a dark roast, but I really enjoyed this roast!  It was smooth, strong enough, and all around just good coffee.  And you know I had to have a cup before running in this.

If you've never tried Green Mountain Coffee, I would encourage you to do so.  You're supporting a good cause in the Fair Trade movement, plus Green Mountain just tastes good.

So, I ask you, are you a Green Mountain fan?  Do you seek specifically seek out Fair Trade Certified Coffee?

**Full disclosure - BzzAgent provided me with the coffee samples only.  I received no other compensation and all thoughts/opinions are my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!