Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Let's Catch Up!

My favorite eatery at Food Truck Friday
I haven't blogged in over a week!  I think it's time to play major catch-up!!

Last week was by far the busiest week I have had in my part-time job so far as a group-fit instructor.  I don't even know how I squeaked that last post in there.  I taught a total of 14 classes.  Yes, 14.  (I know, Tammy, you are tsk-tsk-ing me...at one point Kristin said to me, "have you told Tammy you took this much on?").  It wasn't going to be too crazy of a week, but it sure turned into one.  My regular schedule now has me teaching 9 classes per week, which I really like, and then I subbed an extra 5 last week.  I was in survival mode every day.  I was exhausted.  I told my last class on Saturday morning to pick up weights and that I would just mime the action.  You do what you have to do.  I drank water like the supply might dry up and I even took a nap with my son one day.  And you better believe that come Saturday night, I was ready for the cocktail a few pictures down.  But I'll get to that.

I wasn't done teaching yet, but in true summer tradition now, we hit Food Truck Friday, which is always a carefully planned event, and it was one of the most fun this year.  My good friend Sunny (you know, from this post), and our friends Bryan and Kristin who pastor UrbanChurch and their kids, and another dear friend Erica and her little girl were all there.  We all hit up our favorite trucks, camped out on our picnic blankets, and ate while the kids kind of ate, mostly played, and all had an awesome time.

*Side note - LuLu's Local Eatery is my absolute favorite truck at Food Truck Friday.  I'm not vegetarian or vegan, but they make a sweet potato falafel that is to die for.  I have gotten it at every event this summer.  I would stand in the pouring rain for that stuff.  The company works with local farmers whenever they can, and they work hard to provide fresh, whole food on the go.  If you are ever in the St. Louis area, look them up.
  
Look at those cuties!  James with one of his girlfriends at FTF.
Me with some of the most wonderful women I know

After Friday, Chris and I were very much looking forward to seeing Michael Buble on Saturday night.  Chris got the tickets a few months ago after telling me that they were "sold out".  I knew better.  So we got all dressed up, got our fabulous friend Tori to babysit James, and headed out.

I'm in yucky clothes most days, so it's really fun to get dressed up
First stop - a really nice steakhouse complete with this amazing bacon-infused cocktail.  I can't even describe how amazing that was.  Seriously.  Oh it was heavenly.
 

We had amazing seats at the concert.  We had seen Michael Buble almost exactly 3 years ago in Ottawa when I was 5 weeks pregnant.  I kept thinking how cool it could have been to have been announcing the same thing to Chris, but alas - we are not there yet.  Not even a little bit.  A great show still!  He is hilarious.
 
Doing an amazing a capella version of the Jackson 5 "I Want You Back"
James and I finished the week by going to The Color Run.  Look at my fellow color runner in his post-run glory!
 
 

There was one event in here that I have not mentioned, but that is for another post when I have some more pictures - stay tuned!

So that was our crazy (but fun) week.  I don't know how I survived, but it was awesome.  I was extremely blessed on Thursday night with a somehow restful 5ish hours of sleep in prep for my regular Friday 5am class.  I was thanking the Lord for that because without it, I would not have made it.

And now, I'm off to work for a couple of hours and then we head out to be with family this weekend for a wedding.  We're very excited, and pictures to come!  I hope you enjoyed my catch-up - I have missed the blogosphere!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!