Thursday, December 12, 2013

'Tis the Season for a Treat! Cake Batter Fudge



With Christmas almost here, I am quickly giving in to my urge to produce lots of tasty treats!  Last year, I satisfied this itch by mass-producing lots of goodies and then mailing them out to a few friends.  I might have to do that again.

A few days ago, I really, really wanted to make cake batter fudge.  I scoured the internet for recipes, read reviews, and settled on this one, and it's amazing!  If you know me, you know that usually I would never use a boxed mix of any sort for anything, but.... funfetti is my one exception.  No rhyme or reason, I just love it.  And side note - many recipe reviews I found on other sites said that using funfetti cake mix caused their fudge not to set up - I had no problem.  Here's the recipe:

Cake Batter Fudge

2 cups plus 2 tablespoons funfetti cake mix
2 cups powdered sugar (aka icing sugar to my Canadian friends)
1 stick of butter, diced
1/4 cup milk (I used skim)
2/3 cup white chocolate chips
sprinkles for the top, optional

Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper and set aside.  Combine the cake mix and powdered sugar in a microwave-safe bowl.  Add the butter and milk, without stirring, and place in the microwave for 2 minutes.  After heating, immediately stir and then fold in the white chocolate chips.  Pour the mixture into your 8x8 pan, pressing it to spread if needed.  Add a thin layer of sprinkles and gently press them into your mixture.  Place the pan in the refrigerator for an hour or until set.  Slice into 64 pieces (trust me, 1/64 of this recipe is enough to satisfy a sweets craving!) and keep stored in the fridge.  Try no to eat it all!

I am telling you, this recipe is HEAVEN!  And you could easily get a Christmas-themed cake mix to make it more Christmas-y.

What's your go-to holiday treat?

Recipe from I'm Topsy Turvy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!