Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tasty Snack Tuesday - Experimental Carrot Cake Smoothie

Do you like carrot cake?

Do you like smoothies?  (Or, as my 2 year old would say, smoobies)

What if you could have them all in one?  Sounds good to me!

So, I labeled this post as "experimental" because, after browsing a lot of carrot cake smoothie recipes, I really just threw this one together, and honestly, it needs some tweaking, but I'm sharing this test version of it with you because I'd love to know if YOU have any thoughts!  Here's what I did:

Carrot Cake Smoothie

1 cup carrot juice (I used the kind from Trader Joe's, its 80 calories/cup)
1/4 cup milk of your choice (I used almond)
1/2 ripe banana, preferably sliced and frozen
1/4 cup dry oatmeal
splash vanilla extract
spices to taste - I used a little nutmeg and cinnamon
about 1 cup of ice, more of less depending on how thick/thin you want your drink
sweetener of your choice to taste (I love liquid stevia)

Blend everything up until its nice and smooth, and enjoy!

Now, this version is pretty tasty, but I'm feeling like it could still use something.  More oatmeal, less carrot juice, maybe some applesauce, etc.  If you have any thoughts, I'd love it if you would share them!  At any rate, this version only sets you back about 200 calories, so its a win, and super healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!