Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sweet Sunday - Food for the Soul

Today I'm deviating from my usual Sunday post.  With Easter coming up, we are now in Holy Week, and I want to share with you about a devotional website that I found and am really enjoying.

***If you are a regular reader, or you just found me because you're looking for something food or fitness related, hang on before you click away.  I'm no preacher, I'm certainly about as far away from perfect as you can get (trust me), and I don't claim to be "religious."  (I actually really don't like that descriptor.  I can't even tell you what it means to "be religious."  I'm serious, if you have a definition, please tell me.)  I just have faith.  In God.  Simple as that.***

Anyway, if you have never heard of She Reads Truth, I encourage you to check it out.  Maybe you are like me.  For a while, I had been looking for a way to get back to reading my Bible.  I found She Reads Truth, which is a HUGE collection of different devotions.  There is always a reading plan going on, and what's cool is that you can follow the plan and then connect with a community of other women on Facebook, Twitter, or the actual She Reads Truth blog, who are reading through the same plan.  Or, you can go back like I did and read through previous plans.  And, the site works in conjunction with an app called YouVersion (I'm pretty naive when it comes to cool apps, so maybe you know about that one, I didn't), which you can use on your regular computer, or put on your iPad.  At any rate, if you access YouVersion, you can then find a really huge selection of reading plans, not just geared toward women.  Anything you need, are going through, want to read about - its there.

I'm not here to tell you that you "should" be reading your Bible, or doing this or that.  I just wanted to share something with you that has really fed me spiritually.  Its put the habit back in my life of spending time with God, and feeling a little more purposeful and hopeful with each day.  What is life without some kind of hope?  Seriously, what is there?

I hope you will take a peak at She Reads Truth, OR maybe you already have something awesome going for you spiritually, and if you do, I am so glad.

Stay tuned for an awesome recipe this week, something I am really excited to make.  And Friday, you can bet I'll have a great workout for you, and I also have a Pinterest-found workout to share with you, so get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!